Monday, November 13, 2006

Fethiye


Fethiye Harbour
Originally uploaded by hazy jenius.
Arriving in Fethiye I had this idea that I was going to take a 3 day "blue cruise" along the Turkish Mediterranean on a yacht. I ended up getting a bad feeling about it and backed out. Sure enough, the next 3 1/2 days all of Turkey was drenched in an incredible storm. I mostly read, but I did meet an interesting Turk (depending on which of his 5 passports you looked at.) They call him "The Bear." I'm assuming because he looks like one. A huge Turkish kick-boxer who would knock back the booze like I'm sure he could knock out anyone in the ring. Unbelievably, this man offered me his Internet cafe/ bar/ home to stay in while he was gone on "business." He even offered his motorbike! Even though it was very generous, he didn't know when he would be back, and the idea of waking up to this man lurking over me while I slept crept me out to the point that I declined the offer.

No comments: